Residency requirement: a minimum of 30 course credits and at least half (50 per cent) of the course credits required in each undergraduate degree program major/minor must be taken at York University.
Graduation requirement: students must successfully complete (pass) at least 90 credits that meet the Faculty's degree and program requirements with a cumulative grade point average of at least 4.00.
General education: a minimum of 21 general education credits as follows:
- 6.00 credits in natural science (NATS)
- a 9.00 credit approved general education course in the social science or humanities categories
- a 6.00 credit approved general education course in the opposite category to the 9.00 credit course in social science or humanities already taken
Major information technology: 45 credits including:
(i) 30 credits consisting of:
- AP/ITEC 1000 3.00 Introduction to Information Technologies;
- AP/ITEC 1010 3.00 Information and Organizations;
- AP/ITEC 1620 3.00 Object-based Programming;
- AP/ITEC 2600 3.00 Introduction to Analytical Programming;
- AP/ITEC 2610 3.00 Object-oriented Programming;
- AP/ITEC 2620 3.00 Introduction to Data Structures;
- AP/ITEC 3010 3.00 Systems Analysis and Design;
- AP/ITEC 3210 3.00 Applied Data Communications and Networks;
- AP/ITEC 3220 3.00 Using and Designing Database Systems;
- AP/ITEC 3230 3.00 Designing User Interfaces;
(ii) 15 credits chosen from other ITEC courses.
Note: at least 12 credits in the major must be completed at the 3000 level or above.
Upper-level credits: at least 18 credits at the 3000 or 4000 level.
Required credits outside the major: 18 credits including SC/MATH 1190 3.00 (Introduction to Sets and Logic); SC/MATH 2565 3.00 (Introduction to Applied Statistics); AP/WRIT 3988 3.00 (Effective Writing and Research) or AP/WRIT 3989 3.00 (Writing in the Workplace).