For purposes of meeting program requirements, all nine-credit general education (foundation) courses will count as six credits towards the major or minor.
All approved general education courses may count for general education credits; some may count for major credits; none may count as both.
Students prior to entering ITEC are required to have completed one 4U mathematics course or the equivalent with in the last five years.
General prerequisites for all 3000 level or above courses: students must have successfully completed all 1000 and 2000 level required courses in information technology, mathematics and writing required for their program option before taking courses in information technology at the 3000 or 4000 level.
Program note: students combining a Honours ITEC major with a second major or minor are not required to complete a stream.
The Honours BA program described above may be pursued jointly with approved Honours Double Major degree programs in the Faculties of Environmental Studies, Health, Liberal Arts and Professional Studies, or Science, the School of the Arts, Media, Performance and Design, or the Lassonde School of Engineering, except for computer science. For further details on requirements, refer to the listings for specific Honours programs that may be pursued jointly with other Faculties. Students wishing to combine a major in ITEC with a major in another discipline or field of study must follow the requirements below.
Note: in a double major program, a course may count only once toward major credit.
Major information technology: 45 credits including:
(i) 39 credits consisting of the following:
- AP/ITEC 1000 3.00 Introduction to Information Technologies;
- AP/ITEC 1010 3.00 Information and Organizations;
- AP/ITEC 1620 3.00 Object-Based Programming;
- AP/ITEC 2600 3.00 Introduction to Analytical Programming;
- AP/ITEC 2610 3.00 Object-Oriented Programming;
- AP/ITEC 2620 3.00 Introduction to Data Structures;
- AP/ITEC 3010 3.00 Systems Analysis and Design;
- AP/ITEC 3020 3.00 Web Technologies;
- AP/ITEC 3210 3.00 Applied Data Communications and Networks;
- AP/ITEC 3220 3.00 Using and Designing Database Systems;
- AP/ITEC 3230 3.00 Designing User Interfaces;
- AP/ITEC 4010 3.00 Systems Analysis and Design II;
- AP/ITEC 4020 3.00 Internet Client Server Systems;
(ii) 6 credits from other ITEC courses.
Note: at least 12 credits in the major must be completed at the 4000 level.
Upper-level credits: at least 36 credits at the 3000 or 4000 level, including at least 18 credits at the 4000 level.
Required non-ITEC credits: SC/MATH 1190 3.00 (Introduction to Sets and Logic); SC/MATH 2565 3.00 (Introduction to Applied Statistics); (Effective Fall 2019) AP/WRIT 2201 3.00,(Prior to Fall 2019 - AP/WRIT 3988 3.00 or AP/WRIT 3989 3.00).