The Honours program BA described above may be pursued jointly with approved Honours Minor degree programs in the Faculties of Environmental Studies, Health, Liberal Arts and Professional Studies, or Science, the School of the Arts, Media, Performance and Design, or the Lassonde School of Engineering, except computer science. For further details on requirements, refer to the listings for specific Honours programs that may be pursued jointly with other Faculties. Students wishing to combine a major in ITEC with a minor in another discipline or field of study must follow the requirements below.
Note: in a major/minor program, a course may count only once toward major credit or minor credit.
Major information technology: 45 credits including:
(i) 30 credits consisting of the following:
- AP/ITEC 1000 3.00 Introduction to Information Technologies;
- AP/ITEC 1010 3.00 Information and Organizations;
- AP/ITEC 1620 3.00 Object-based Programming;
- AP/ITEC 2600 3.00 Introduction to Analytical Programming;
- AP/ITEC 2610 3.00 Object-oriented Programming;
- AP/ITEC 3010 3.00 Systems Analysis and Design;
- AP/ITEC 3210 3.00 Applied Data Communications and Networks;
- AP/ITEC 3220 3.00 Using and Designing Database Systems;
- AP/ITEC 3230 3.00 Designing User Interfaces;
- AP/ITEC 4010 3.00 Systems Analysis and Design II;
(ii) 15 credits chosen from other ITEC courses.
Note: at least 12 credits in the major must be completed at the 4000 level.
Upper-level credits: at least 36 credits at the 3000 or 4000 level, including at least 18 credits at the 4000 level.
Required non-ITEC credits: SC/MATH 1190 3.00 (Introduction to Sets and Logic); SC/MATH 2565 3.00 (Introduction to Applied Statistics); AP/WRIT 3988 3.00 (Effective Writing and Research) or AP/WRIT 3989 3.00 (Writing in the Workplace).